[Office Hours] Best Practices for Competitions and Incentives
Yesterday, our Ambition CSM team hosted Office Hours about sales contests. Twice a month the Ambition team will be offering tips, tricks, and best-practices to help sales leaders hit goals and leverage Ambition to the fullest potential. In the first session, our team focused on gamification tactics to drive behavior change.
- Not every incentive has to be expensive. Find a list of cheap or free incentives here!
- Competitions need to motivate everyone-- not just the top reps.
- Leverage prize thresholds alongside first place prizes
- Recognition is a big part of making a competition successful. Use leaderboards and accolades as a form of incentive.
- Competitions are about creating the right behavior and activity. Avoid these classic mistakes.
- Long term competitions are great for fantasy format. Here are ideas for challenge, fantasy, threshold and blitz sales competitions.
Check out the recordings here