Skipping a coaching session is like hitting the snooze button. After doing it once, it’s all too easy to do it again…and again…and again. Before you know it, you’ve fallen completely out of routine and inadvertently hit “snooze” in countless other areas of your work and life. Your time isn’t managed well, you’ve neglected your people and missed out on valuable coaching opportunities, and you see no significant change to your bottom line.
And we get it. Sales managers are busy. If something’s not already on the calendar, it’s probably not going to happen. That’s why we’re introducing Recurring Check-ins in Ambition—to ensure those regular touchpoints are always on the calendar, and to help you establish a Coaching Orchestration™ strategy that is consistent, measurable, and that positively impacts your bottom line.
When you schedule a new recurring check-in, you only have to create your agenda once. You can select a template or create your own custom agenda with questions, feedback, Gong calls, metrics, and more. See how Ambition’s VP of sales structures his coaching sessions with this free sales coaching template and get ideas for how to make your own sessions more productive.
When scheduling a new coaching check-in, managers can now set the check-in as a recurring meeting at their desired cadence. A calendar invite will automatically deploy for each recurring check-in to protect manager and rep time and to ensure they never miss a session.
When you schedule a new recurring check-in, you only have to create your agenda once. You can select a template or create your own custom agenda with questions, feedback, Gong calls, metrics, and more. See how Ambition’s VP of Sales structures his coaching sessions with this free sales coaching template and get ideas for how to make your own sessions more productive.
4 Ways to Use Recurring Check-ins Right Now
Consistent coaching gives reps and managers the accountability to touch base on deals, skill development, blockers, and progress to goal. But those regular touchpoints compound to drive greater impact beyond a rep’s individual performance. Without consistent sales coaching, you jeopardize:
- Rep satisfaction: Reps lack the support they need to hit quota, feel burnt out, and leave for better opportunities
- Revenue performance: Organizations lose deals to competitors who may not even have better products, but who have better coaching programs for their sales teams
- Sales coaching visibility: There’s no way to measure coaching effectiveness, see who’s coaching and who’s not, or prove sales coaching is happening
In order to truly maximize your revenue potential, you have to maximize rep and manager potential. Here are 4 ways you can start utilizing Recurring Check-ins right now to better enable your sales managers and empower your reps:
- Provide ongoing training and development: Set recurring check-ins to ensure your team receives consistent coaching on new product offerings, sales techniques, and follow-up on training programs.
- Surface relevant performance data: Recurring check-ins allow you to select custom metrics to track and review that will populate directly within each check-in. This shows you where people need improvement so you can prioritize coaching around those specific metrics.
- Set, track, and review goals: Reviewing goals and progress on a regular basis keeps reps motivated and focused. During a recurring check-in, you can discuss goal progress, uncover potential blockers, and strategize with reps on how to move deals forward.
- Consistently review sales calls: Add Gong calls to your recurring check-in agenda to review and provide feedback in real time with reps. You can also schedule recurring role-play sessions to reinforce and practice key skills with them.
Scale Your Coaching Programs with Coaching Orchestration™
Automated sales coaching gives managers back 7 hours of high value resource time per week and gives sales and enablement leaders visibility into the frequency and outcome of every coaching activity. Learn more about how to establish a scalable, measurable coaching program here.