The 2016 March SaaSness Tournament
March SaaSness: 64 Companies Are Headed to the Court (of Public Opinion).
Each year, the NCAA Basketball Tournament captivates the country. Is it the action on the court—the buzzer beaters; the suffocating full-court presses; the high-flying dunks?
Or is it the familiar storylines? Every year, perennial favorites and regular season powerhouses punch their tickets and gleefully take on the role of “bully.” And every year, there’s at least one Cinderella squad that starts on the bubble and becomes a belle of the ball.
64 of the world’s most innovative software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies are about to duke it out, too. We’re pleased to introduce the 2nd annual March SaaSness Tournament, brought to you by Qualtrics and Ambition.
Members of these squads are more likely to code widgets than cut to the basket, and to pivot strategies instead of feet, but inside the walls of these 64 companies there’s passion, there’s scrappiness, and there’s an undeniable will to compete that’s worthy of the spirit of the Big Dance.
Who among the 64 has the deepest bench of supporters? Get your popcorn ready. We’re about to find out.
Introducing the 2016 Field
Note: Enlarge image to see full field and tournament schedule
Our Selection Committee has picked 64 of the top SaaS business solutions to go head-to-head in a bracket.
After selecting the initial 64 companies, we seeded them using the most objective metric possible: number of Twitter followers (as of the first week of March).
How to Participate
The winner of each matchup will be determined by popular vote. Voting will be open to the general public until 11:59pm EST on each day matchups are held.
On each day of competition, Ambition and Qualtrics will release a link to a Qualtrics online survey via social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) that will allow you select one team or the other in every matchup for that day.
After voting closes each day, we will announce the winner of the day’s matchups. We’ll update the bracket after each round and publish the results on both the Qualtrics and Ambition blogs.
When posting about the tournament, use hashtag #marchsaasness.
- Round 1 (Left Side of Bracket): Wednesday, 3/16
- Round 1 (Right Side of Bracket): Thursday, 3/17
- Round 2 (Left Side of Bracket): Monday, 3/21
- Round 2 (Right Side of Bracket): Tuesday, 3/22
- Sweet Sixteen (Left Side of Bracket): Thursday, 3/24
- Sweet Sixteen (Right Side of Bracket): Friday, 3/25
- Elite Eight (Left Side of Bracket): Tuesday, 3/29
- Elite Eight (Right Side of Bracket): Wednesday, 3/30
- Final Four: Friday, 4/1
- Championship: Tuesday, 4/6
We’ll introduce the field in more detail, and preview first round matchups, in our next blog post on Tuesday, 3/15. Want more information? Visit the Tournament Center at ambition.com/saasness/.
Ambition: Sales Performance Accountability Software
Ambition is a sales management platform that syncs every sales organization department, data source, and performance metric on one easy system.
Ambition clarifies and publicizes real-time performance analytics for your entire sales organization. Using a drag-and-drop interface, non-technical sales leaders can build custom scorecards, contests, reports, and TVs.
- FiveStars: Adam Wall. Sr. Manager of Sales Operations .
- Filemaker: Brad Freitag. Vice-President of Worldwide Sales.
- Outreach: Mark Kosoglow. Vice-President of Sales.
- Cell Marque: Lauren Hopson. Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Access America Transport: Ted Alling. Chief Executive Officer.
Watch Product Walkthroughs:
- ChowNow. Led by Vice-President of Sales, Drew Woodcock.
- Outreach. Led by Sales Development Manager, Alex Lynn.
- AMX Logistics. Led by Executive Vice-President ,Jared Moore.
Read Case Studies:
- Clayton Homes: HBR finds triple-digit growth in 3 sales efficiency metrics.
- Coyote Logistics: Monthly revenue per broker grew $525 in 6 months.
- Peek: Monthly sales activity volume grew 142% in 6 months.
- Vorsight: Monthly sales conversations grew 300% in 6 months.
Contact us to learn how Ambition can impact your sales organization today.