Top 10 Mark Cuban Quotes for Sales Pros
A collection of Mark Cuban's best quotes for sales leaders.
If anyone epitomizes the three prevailing interests among today's sales teams - business, sports, and technology - it's Mark Cuban. Cuban might be the first billionaire folk hero in history - an impresario who has distinguished himself as an entrepreneur, investor, television personality, and of course, NBA owner.
Top 10 Mark Cuban Quotes for Sales Pros
The following is a rundown of Cuban soundbites that have endured longer than the rest. With a little help from our friends at JuicyQuotes, we're delivering them in their most shareable format: Shareable images. And as an added bonus, each one comes with a special translation from our old friend: the Apex Predator.
10. Mark Cuban on Why Companies Fail
Translation from the Apex Predator: Back up your swagger with relentless commitment to hustle and learning. Or as I like to call it: "Getting Better."
9. Mark Cuban on the Concept of Risk
Translation from the Apex Predator: The Inspecktah Deck already translated this back in '93. "Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk. Phony actors get outlined in chalk."
8. Mark Cuban on Facing Objections
Translation from the Apex Predator: Learn to draw power from hearing a "no." Turn defense into offense. Google "Bruce Lee" if you still don't get it.
7. Mark Cuban on Overcoming Multiple Failures
Translation from the Apex Predator: The Limp Bizkit cover band, digital calligraphy studio, and Homocidal Clowns For Rent, Inc. didn't work out? Good. You just got your first commission check from your new job? Even better. Never look back.
6. Mark Cuban on How to Treat Your Customers
Translation from the Apex Predator: Don't be Bernie Madoff.
5. Mark Cuban on Measuring Success
Translation from the Apex Predator: You just spent 12 hours cold calling Human Resource Directors and have 0 meetings. Because no one in HR buys Marketing Automation.
4. Mark Cuban on Client Success
Translation from the Apex Predator: See this smiling young lady? She's bending over backwards for her clients and collecting boatloads of requested referrals. You're the transactional thinker curled in a fetile position behind the fern.
3. Mark Cuban on Staying the Course
Translation from the Apex Predator: Stay focused. Stay confident. Keep score with yourself. Track your progress. Shut out the white noise around you (aka everything). No jokes here, this is serious s***.
2. Mark Cuban on Love of the Game
Translation from the Apex Predator: Done right, sales should be the most demanding, challenging, exhausting, and rewarding job in the business world. Never forget that.
1. Mark Cuban on Hustling Out of Necessity
Translation from the Apex Predator: Because someone, somewhere is working to take it all away from you.
Ambition: Sales Performance Accountability Software
Ambition is a sales management platform that syncs every sales organization department, data source, and performance metric on one easy system.
Ambition clarifies and publicizes real-time performance analytics for your entire sales organization. Using a drag-and-drop interface, non-technical sales leaders can build custom scorecards, contests, reports, and TVs.
- FiveStars: Adam Wall. Sr. Manager of Sales Operations .
- Filemaker: Brad Freitag. Vice-President of Worldwide Sales.
- Outreach: Mark Kosoglow. Vice-President of Sales.
- Cell Marque: Lauren Hopson. Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Access America Transport: Ted Alling. Chief Executive Officer.
Watch Product Walkthroughs:
- ChowNow. Led by Vice-President of Sales, Drew Woodcock.
- Outreach. Led by Sales Development Manager, Alex Lynn.
- AMX Logistics. Led by Executive Vice-President ,Jared Moore.
Read Case Studies:
- Clayton Homes: HBR finds triple-digit growth in 3 sales efficiency metrics.
- Coyote Logistics: Monthly revenue per broker grew $525 in 6 months.
- Peek: Monthly sales activity volume grew 142% in 6 months.
- Vorsight: Monthly sales conversations grew 300% in 6 months.
Contact us to learn how Ambition can impact your sales organization today.