In this post, Weave's Cori Morris discusses how that Weave drives sales for Millennials.
Millennials are often called lazy. Yada, yada, yada. We’ve all heard it before, right? Curious what’s really said, I went to Google and typed in “Millennials are” and the top three words that appeared were lazy, broke, and stupid.
As a 28-year-old female, that makes me feel terrible. I sure am a genius when it comes to helping my mom do something on her iPhone, building a website for my dad’s business, or teaching my grandparents how to use email.
So what does that tell us? There’s something we’re good at, and that’s adapting to new technology. While this is great and all, there’s still a case for millennial haters out there.
After skimming some of the articles I found on Google, I came to realize that we’re called “lazy” because we’re always looking for ways to maximize our time. We need help finding life partners. We need an organic lunch delivered to our office. We need help networking. Forget shopping around, those cool new shoes need to find us.
With the rise of tech, we basically need apps for everything in order to survive!
Keeping in mind that time is of the essence, Tinder created a brilliant platform to help singles find dates with a simple finger swipe. And because of that, swipe right has become a popular phrase of acceptance. Apps like Jobr, BarkBuddy, Mallzee, Stylect, and, of course, Weave, have taken this concept and created an easy approach for so many other time-consuming things!
So, how exactly has Weave helped salespeople? Among our users, or what we call Weave-ers, 13 percent are in sales-related roles, three-fourths of which are millennials.
We looked at this data and decided to create a new way for these individuals to make meaningful connections. In our most recent update, we launched “Rooms,” a place where people get to choose who to network with based on a common need. The Services Room, for example, is the perfect place for people interested in working with service providers.
Here are two personal stories from millennials using Weave:
“I use Weave to meet with startups looking to raise capital and more mature companies looking for sell side services. I've met several individuals from great companies who my firm is meeting with. This wouldn't have been possible without Weave, so thank you!!!” [Zachary Ginsburg, Investment Banking Analyst at Viant Group, LLC]
“At first, I was skeptical that Weave's quick-touch format could create meaningful relationships in business. After using it for a few days, I've met potential clients, respectable friends, and even sold a few tickets to my gamification workshop! My mind is blown, and now recommend Weave 100%.” [Yu-kai Chou, President of Octalysis Group]
Why Weave? Why Millennials?
Why are millennials benefiting from apps like Weave?
1) Millennials are inhabitants of the digital world. Social media has become too popular for its own good, so in order to be successful, marketers must learn how to leverage these platforms. This concept is known as social selling, and sales reps are jumping on this opportunity with the help of tools like Salesforce, Google Drive, and LinkedIn.
Weave has the potential to help salespeople create valuable relationships with people who are willing to listen and engage with them. This brings me back to my point - integrating digital tools day-to-day helps save time, streamline processes, and communicate internally.
2) Millennials are ambitious. The millennial generation makes up a huge percentage of entrepreneurs. Call us lazy, but statistics are there to prove it. Millennials and salespeople are hungry, and not so much for those organic lunches, but more for money and ego. Great millennial reps aren’t afraid of a creative challenge in order to help seal the deal.
3) Millennials are data-driven. Data platforms such as Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, and Moz weren’t around back in the day to measure performance. Millennial salespeople are eager to dive into the metrics to determine what’s working and what’s not. Companies are looking to hire sales reps who know how to A/B test emails and find solutions through data-driven results.
I’m feeling a little better about myself now. Millennials are rocking it, and I’m proud to be a part of this generation. And if there’s one takeaway here, swipe right. You never know what kind of lead can come from a simple meet-up.
Ambition: Sales Motivation & Performance Management
Ambition clarifies and publicizes real-time performance analytics for your entire sales organization. Using a drag-and-drop interface, non-technical sales leaders can build custom scorecards, contests, reports, and TVs.
Ambition is endorsed by Harvard Business Review, AA-ISP (the Global Inside Sales Organization), and USA Today as a proven solution for managing millennial sales teams. Hear from our customers below.
- FiveStars: Adam Wall. Sr. Manager of Sales Operations .
- Filemaker: Brad Freitag. Vice-President of Worldwide Sales.
- Outreach: Mark Kosoglow. Vice-President of Sales.
- Cell Marque: Lauren Hopson. Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Access America Transport: Ted Alling. Chief Executive Officer.
Watch Product Walkthroughs:
- ChowNow. Led by Vice-President of Sales, Drew Woodcock.
- Outreach. Led by Sales Development Manager, Alex Lynn.
- AMX Logistics. Led by Executive Vice-President ,Jared Moore.
Read Case Studies:
- Clayton Homes: HBR finds triple-digit growth in 3 sales efficiency metrics.
- Coyote Logistics: Monthly revenue per broker grew $525 in 6 months.
- Peek: Monthly sales activity volume grew 142% in 6 months.
- Vorsight: Monthly sales conversations grew 300% in 6 months.
Contact us to learn how Ambition can impact your sales organization today.