The following is an excerpt from Chapter 1 of our brand-new eBook: The Winner's Guide to Running Effective Sales Contests.
So you run a sales organization that track employee activity, pipelines, and revenue. Any of the following scenarios sound familiar?
- Your sales team is indifferent about logging their info into your CRM.
- A large segment of your sales team is disengaged and unfocused.
- Sales reps needs constant direction about the activities they should be doing.
- There is lack of communication/peer-to-peer coaching amongst your sales team.
- Your organizational culture needs work and is causing you to lose top talent.
Chances are, the answer is yes. Which is why month after month, you’ve tried running daily, weekly and monthly sales contests with varying levels of success.
Why We Run Sales Contests
In the sales context, the term refers to any software that takes everyday sales activities (phone calls, emails, demos, deals closed, lead conversion rate, talk time, etc.) and turns them into a competition.
The overarching goal of every sales contest is to fire up the troops and get people engaged. But for inside sales leaders, the best sales contests go above and beyond that.
Sales Contest Goals
These should be the goals of every sales contest you run from here forward:
- Drive daily activities in line with monthly objectives
- Engage personnel
- Instill accountability
- Improve data accuracy and analytics
- Facilitate coaching
- Create genuine excitement
- Solidify sales process
- Create transparency
- Build a winning culture
By running contests that do all of the above, you’ll strengthen your processes, your culture and your sales data in 360° fashion.
Even if you’re looking to run a sales contest for an alternative reason (ex. you’re desperately behind and trying to catch up; it’s “just what you do,” etc.) this eBook will help you consistently launch sales incentives that accomplish your goals and put your team in a better position to succeed in both the short term and the long term.
Run Revenue-Driving Sales Contests on Ambition
Ambition is a sales management platform that syncs every sales organization department, data source, and performance metric on one easy system.
Ambition clarifies and publicizes real-time performance analytics for your entire sales organization. Using a drag-and-drop interface, non-technical sales leaders can build custom scorecards, contests, reports, and TVs.
- FiveStars: Adam Wall. Sr. Manager of Sales Operations .
- Filemaker: Brad Freitag. Vice-President of Worldwide Sales.
- Outreach: Mark Kosoglow. Vice-President of Sales.
- Cell Marque: Lauren Hopson. Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Access America Transport: Ted Alling. Chief Executive Officer.
Watch Product Walkthroughs:
- ChowNow. Led by Vice-President of Sales, Drew Woodcock.
- Outreach. Led by Sales Development Manager, Alex Lynn.
- AMX Logistics. Led by Executive Vice-President ,Jared Moore.
Read Case Studies:
- Clayton Homes: HBR finds triple-digit growth in 3 sales efficiency metrics.
- Coyote Logistics: Monthly revenue per broker grew $525 in 6 months.
- Peek: Monthly sales activity volume grew 142% in 6 months.
- Vorsight: Monthly sales conversations grew 300% in 6 months.
Contact us to learn how Ambition can impact your sales organization today.
Click the image below to download the free eBook.
Click here to download the Winner's Guide to Running Effective Sales Contests.