Back in April, we had some big questions we wanted to answer:
- What motivates teams to perform?
- What is the difference between high-performers and low-performers?
- How do we keep top reps happy and engaged at their jobs?
And more. With several partners that we know and love (AAISP, Sales Hacker, Factor8, Gong, and Vidyard), we set out to find some data-backed answers in the first annual State of Sales Performance survey.
It seems we weren’t the only ones who wanted more info -- we had a great response from the market and are thrilled to share results. Here are a few of my favorite findings:
- Almost half of sales pros say their manager 1:1s are middling at best. There is HUGE opportunity here for sales leaders to focus on one of the key actions that keeps reps engaged (and retained!) -- sales coaching.
- Reps and managers are aligned on top KPIs, but they’re missing the boat when it comes to the activities needed to get there. Keeping your team focused on not only big goals (like attainment), but also the incremental activities it takes to reach those goals, equals success.
Without further ado, may I present the First Annual State of Sales Performance Survey Report!