Last Updated 5.16.2021
This Privacy Statement applies to Ambition Solutions, Inc. (“Ambition”, “we”, “us”, “our”), a sales performance management platform. Ambition respects the privacy of individuals and is committed to protecting the information of visitors (“Visitors”) to the website (“Site”) and customers (“Customers”) of the web-based platform (“Application”, “Services”).
This policy describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing personal information in relation to the Site and Application.
This policy does not apply to personal information that is voluntarily transmitted to the Application as this is specific to each Customers’ use and implementation. We categorize this as Customer End User Data which is defined and explained in detail below.
If you have questions or complaints regarding this policy or our privacy practices please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect
We collect information, including personal information, in various ways across our Site and Application. We define “personal information” as any information which, either alone or in combination with other information, can be used to identify an individual.
Information You Provide Us
- When you enter your first and last name, email address, and password to create an account and access the Application or otherwise enter similar information into forms or surveys across our Site or Application.
- When you enter information using your account, including but not limited to personal details, company name, and billing information.
Information We Collect Automatically
- IP Address and Browser Information. When you visit our Site or use our Application, some information is automatically collected. This may include information such as the operating system (“OS”) running on your device, internet protocol address (“IP Address”) (which may be used to obtain your geolocation), access times, browser type, language settings of the OS, and the website you visited before our Site. We also collect information about how you use Ambition’s Site and Application, including the elements you have interacted with, metadata and other details about these elements, clicks, change states and other user actions.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “pixel tags” (also referred to as clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs). Pixel tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, pixel tags are embedded in web pages. Pixel tags also allow us to send email messages and determine whether those emails have been opened, to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our Customers. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
- Browser Local Storage. We also store data locally on your device to enhance the user experience on our Site and Application. For example, browser local storage allows us to save the state of your current page so that when you return at a later time or refresh the browser, the page will remain the same. We may also use browser local storage to: (i) save a list of items the user last used on the Site or Application so we can display “recently viewed items”; or (ii) marking once a user has seen a tutorial, video, tooltip or onboarding flow so that the user only sees the content one time.
Information from Third Party Sources
Ambition may obtain your personal information from third parties, including, but not limited to, marketing event organizers, partners, and resellers. This information may include your first and last name, company name, job title, email address, phone number. We require that any third party providing information has obtained the information lawfully and that the third party has obtained the appropriate consent to share the information with Ambition.
Access and Control of the Information We Collect
We recognize an individual’s right to control the type of personal information that is collected about them. Our Customers can view, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Ambition retains your personal information while you are a Customer and will delete your personal information upon request. Customers may also send requests for access to your personal information by emailing email@example.com. Ambition will respond to any request to delete Customer personal information. As mentioned in the introduction and detailed below, this policy does not apply to Customer End User Data. If you are an end user of an Ambition Customer, please contact the Ambition Customer for access to your personal information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our current products and to develop new ones. This may include collection to:
- Facilitate the creation of and securing of your Account on our network;
- Identify you as a user in our Services;
- Improve our Services, Applications, Site and how we operate our business;
- Understand and enhance your experience using our Site, products and Services;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Respond to your comments or questions and for our Support team to provide service;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events and news about products and services offered by Ambition and our selected partners, and for other marketing purposes of Ambition;
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
We often receive feedback and comments about our Application from users of our Services. If we choose to use your feedback on the Site we will request permission to include names of individuals. We may also include a profile picture along with your feedback.
Creation of Anonymous Data
We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Applications and Site navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Sharing of Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties without your consent other than:
- Third Party Service Providers. With third parties who work on our behalf, provided that such third parties have entered into an applicable data processing agreement or provide at least the same level of privacy protection. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to you. These services may include providing cloud computing infrastructure, website crash reporting, and providing customer support or account administration. If you would like to see the list of third parties with whom Ambition currently shares your information, you may request a copy of the list by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Lawful Requests. To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process, provided that Ambition will endeavor to notify you if we have received a lawful request for your information;
- Protection of Rights and Property. To protect the rights and property of Ambition, our agents, customers, and others including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- Emergency. In an emergency, including to protect the personal safety of any person; and
- Corporate Restructuring. For the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution transaction or proceeding). In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business or assets, that company will possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this statement.
This may include personal data related to individuals within the European Union, in which case the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles apply in full. Under these Principles, Ambition will remain liable for damages caused by a failure of any of its agents / processors that handle personal data in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, save for where Ambition is not responsible for the event giving rise to those damages.
Customer End User Data
This policy does not apply to Customer End User Data. With respect to Ambition’s Customers, we are a data processor. Our Customers may transmit information by creating an integration between a Customer data source (collectively, “Customer Data Sources”) and the Application to better understand their own users (“Customer End Users”). This transmitted information (“Customer End User Data”) is determined by Customers and not Ambition. We process the Customer End User Data only according to the instructions of Customers and, our legal obligations with respect to the Customer End User Data is set forth in the agreement between us and our Customers.
While Ambition recognizes that an individual has the right to access, delete, and amend the data collected about that individual, Ambition does not have a relationship with the Customer End Users but rather only with our Customers. If you are a Customer End User and you would like to access, amend, or delete your data, then you need to contact the Customer directly and Ambition will respond within a reasonable period of time to any such request by our Customer.
Ambition only retains the Customer End User Data we process on behalf of our Customers for as long as necessary to provide the Application to our Customers or as required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce any agreement.
- Sign-In and Authentication. When you sign into the Site using your username and password we store an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the Site without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the site.
- Social Media. Portions of our Site include social media cookies or widgets, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
Some of the cookies we commonly use are listed below. This list is not exhaustive, but it is intended to illustrate the main reasons we typically set cookies. If you visit our Site or Application, the page may set some or all of the following cookies:
- SESSIONID: Helps to authenticate you when you sign in to your Account.
Third Party Cookies
In addition to the cookies listed above, third parties may also set cookies when you visit the Site or Application. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing for credit card billing. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content or ads from third parties, such as videos, news content or ads delivered by other ad networks. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services. To control cookies from those third parties, visit their sites.
Personal Information Security
Ambition maintains commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We encourage you to protect your usernames and passwords to help prevent anyone from accessing or abusing your accounts and services, including not using the same passwords for the Services that you use with other accounts.
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us. If we learn that a child under 13 submits personal information to Ambition we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Your Information Choices and Changes
In addition to the choices outlined in other parts of this statement, you also have control over the following:
- Email Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional or marketing emails from Ambition by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Ambition projects or our ongoing business relationship. If you are a European Union (“EU”) resident, you will not receive marketing emails from Ambition until you have agreed to opt-in to receipt of those emails.
- Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit signals instructing websites and other online services to not track information. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do if they receive these signals. Ambition currently does not respond to such browser signals or similar mechanisms instructing not to track information. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our position on responding to these signals. Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across sites when you visit our Site or use the Ambition Service.
- Social Media Widgets. As noted above, our website may include social media features, such as the Facebook and LinkedIn button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the third party providing it.
Changes to This Statement
Ambition may change this statement from time to time. If we make any changes to this statement, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified on your Account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. You agree that your continued use of our Site, Applications or Services after such changes have been published to our statement will constitute your acceptance of such revised statement.
Legal Information and How to Contact Us
Ambition provides annual training for its employees involved in the collection, processing, and dissemination of customer information. In addition, Ambition’s internal policies and procedures provide for disciplinary action if our employees fail to follow this statement. We periodically self-assess and review these internal policies and procedures to review compliance.
If you have any inquiries or complaints regarding this policy you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ambition participates in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union (EU) to the United States.
Ambition has certified to the U.S. Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. If there is any conflict between the terms in this policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern.
Ambition is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequent transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Ambition complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Ambition is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Ambition may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Ambition commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information.
EU individuals with any inquiries or complaints regarding this policy can contact us at email@example.com.
Ambition has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.