Ambition is looking to hire our first Site Reliability Engineer to work directly alongside our CTO. This is an opportunity to join a small, veteran team where you'll establish SRE best practices in-addition to building/improving SRE tooling.
Our CTO has served as SRE since inception and has ensured that our underlying infrastructure is robust, scalable, and well-maintained. With that said, given our recent growth and the enterprise customers we support... he needs your help so that we stay several steps ahead of our trajectory.
Serve as the bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration topics. Split time between operations/on-call duties and developing systems/software that help increase site reliability and performance.
Who We're Looking For
Listed below are several of Ambition's values, we're looking for people who believe in what we believe.
- Listen to what people want, deliver what they need
- The difference between good and great is in the details
- Strive to do a lot with a little
- Have strong opinions that are weakly held
- Be honest, even when it hurts
- When in doubt, over-communicate
- Bias towards action, opt for collaboration
- 3+ years experience with Python development
- Django experience preferred
- Experience developing/consuming REST APIs
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Experience scaling SaaS platforms
- A product-centric culture where smart professionals hold customer experience to extremely high regard
- Extensible, documented codebase with up-to-date packages. It's not perfect but it's better than most
- Flat hierarchy with (technical) CEO serving as the Product Owner, CTO serving as Chief Architect
- Opportunity to build/scale a critical department within the Ambition engineering department